Background

Friday, January 14, 2011

He Caught the BUG

Poor Benny, he's caught that nasty flu bug that's been going around. We had a feeling he might get it when we heard a couple kids at daycare had it the day before (we weren't as concerned about Avah bc she had this flu thing over Christmas break). And sure enough, it happened last night. Russ picked the kids up from Pat's yesterday (I ran home to get ready for dinner at my brother and SIL's) and I asked him to make sure he asked how the kids' day was, if they ate well, and if they all around had a good day (sometimes he forgets to ask!). Apparently, Benn was ok all day but after nap he refused to eat a snack (since the kid never refuses food, this was the first major sign). On the way home, Russ said Benn kept complaining that his belly hurt. Uh-oh...

So, they got home and I was so excited to see them. I asked Benn how his day was and Russ said, "go ahead, tell mommy." Russ started to hand him to me and before Benn could tell me his belly hurt, he threw up all over me. YUCK! Blah, bleahk! The kid is a trooper and never cried (I remember being a balling mess when I was a kid and sick like that). Not Benn, he just let me hold him over the sink until he was finished. We got him cleaned up, put a movie in and cancelled our dinner plans (sorry Matt & Amber!). We gave Benn some Gatorade, of which he proceeded to throw up not 20 minutes later on the new couch (good thing we have leather now!). We both needed a bath after this episode. So we did. We sat in a warm bath and he appeared to be feeling a little better. The rest of the night, we cuddled on the couch watching movies and trying to limit the amount of liquid he was taking in, in fear of if making another appearance.

At night, he slept ok and only got up once. This morning, he's running a low fever and just kind of mopey. So, we're staying home to do more snuggling and relaxing. Hopefully the throwing up is over and he perks back up soon. I'm so thankful that I get to stay home with him today.

Belly hurts :(

Watching movies....


1 comment:

Nicole said...

Awww... feel better little man.... :( So sad when they're so sick... enjoy your day with him Karen!